Psi Chi Honor Society
Psi Chi is the National Honor Society in Psychology. It is affiliated with the American Psychological Association. Our Psi Chi Chapter provides you with the opportunity to join Psi Chi, if you meet certain standards. Membership in Psi Chi is an earned honor which is for life. A permanent record of your membership is preserved at the Psi Chi National Office and may be used for reference purposes, such as applications for graduate school and jobs. The one-time Psi Chi Membership fee is for lifetime membership and includes a certificate suitable for framing, and a membership card. The SSU Chapter of Psi Chi has a strong emphasis on helping students prepare for admission to graduate school.
For the most up-to-date information, please visit the society's Instagram account or send an email to the Psi Chi student officers at email@example.com, or contact the faculty sponsor for the club, Professor Teresa Nguyen. Applications are typically processed mid-Fall and/or mid-Spring semester.
Related Web Resources
Psychology Graduate Programs
- University of California Office of Research and Graduate Studies - website devoted to helping students prepare and apply to graduate programs at the University of California
- GradSchool.com - an online listing of fields of psychology and grad schools providing training
- Careers in Psychology - an interesting site with interviews with renowned psychologists, information about graduate schools, licensure, and practice.
- Psychology Degree 411 - information on psychology careers
- All Psychology Schools - an online listing of psychology departments and their graduate programs, specialties, and contact information.
- University of California, Berkeley’s School Psychology PhD Program
- Counseling Pamphlets - A clearinghouse for information from universities on common problems for students (depression, anxiety, drug and alcohol use, relationships, many more).
- Psychology Apps - Some interesting psychology related apps for self-care and self-exploration, in various psychology-related subjects, sleep, dreams, health and overcoming disorders, meditation, self-help. Many of these apps use cognitive-behavioral principles for tracking and changing behaviors. Many are for iphone and ipad.
- Counseling and Psychological Services on campus, and links.
- Psychology.com - therapist directory.
- Psych Web - psychology-related information.
- Dreams - Coding categories Hall-Van de Castle
- WesternPsychiatric Institute and Clinic Library - University of Pittsburgh Health Sciences Library System
- Psychology Department at the University of Nottingham - pointers to being healthy, careers.
- Resource website: www.allpsychologycareers.com
- American Psychological Association
- Western Psychological Association
- Association for Humanistic Psychology
- Association for Psychological Science
- International Association for the Study of Dreams
- International Association of Jungian Studies
- Association for Transpersonal Psychology
- Thinking Allowed - television series and video collection: writers and explorers in consciousness research, psychology, philosophy, personal and spiritual development discuss their ideas.
- Psychology Podcast - by David van Nuys, former Chair of the Psychology Dept.
- Asheville Jung Center - videoconferences and webinars on Jungian psychology related topics
- Volunteer with CASA of Sonoma County