General Education Information
The General Education (GE) requirements differ depending upon when you began at SSU. Your GE requirements are listed on your Academic Requirements Report (ARR), also known as your advising report. Transfer students should check their Academic Requirements Report to determine the classes for which they have received GE credit.
- Students must pass the California State University Graduate Written Assessment Requirement (GWAR) in order to graduate. All students must complete the GWAR requirement by successfully completing a Writing Intensive Course (WIC) during or after their Junior year. For more information, go to the Learning and Academic Resource Center website.
- Please note that the GWAR requirement is suspended through Fall 2022 graduation.
The School of Social Sciences has an Advising Resources page where you can find advising videos on many topics, including:
- How to Read your ARR
- How to Use Seawolf Scheduler
- How use "Additional Search Criteria" in MySSU to search for GE courses
- How to Enroll in Courses
- How to Drop/Swap Courses
- How to Waitlist for a Course